Indulge yourself in history and romance in a picturesque setting at our Connecticut Shoreline Bed and Breakfast!
Clinton is an antique lover’s paradise along the CT Shoreline known for its plentiful antique shops, flea markets & great deals! As well as beautiful beaches, harbors, marinas, nature trails, craft shops, Victorian boutiques, great restaurants, premium outlets, winery, and quintessential New England Main Street & Town Green lined w/ beautifully restored Colonial & Victorian era homes.
We are along the Long Island Sound shoreline just a short drive to Mystic attractions, Foxwoods & Mohegan Sun Casinos, Outlet Malls, Essex Steam Train & Riverboat, Gillette Castle State Park, Hammonassett State Park & nature trails, Florence Griswold Museum, CT River Museum, sightseeing & nature cruises and much more!
In our parlor you can help yourself anytime to spring water, tea, hot chocolate, cookies, and a cordial. We will gladly assist you with planning your stay and choosing from the abundance of sightseeing and attractions available. We have lots of brochures, maps, guides, restaurant menus and advice for you!
Come, enjoy our warm hospitality and make your stay an enjoyable & memorable one!
Local Calendar of Events: (call for more info)
- Kidz Konnection, local community outreach production performances, Clinton Andrews Memorial Town Hall, 2016 Spring Programs
- Celebrate 10 years with Kidz Konnection, local community outreach production performances, with Joey Brenneman an esteemed New York City playwright will be gracing Clinton and local actors will join professional actor Craig Waletzko, 16 West Main St., Collective
- George S. Flynn Concerts, William Stanton Andrews Memorial Town Hall. Upcoming Concert Schedule 2016.
- Yale Center for British Art Reopens , May 11th, starting 5/4-29 My Paris at Long Wharf Theatre and Weekends, 5/21-6/5 Robin Hood Springtime Festival, 1080 Chapel St., New Haven, 203-432-2800. Yale British Art website.
- Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks, May 4th - May 22nd, 2016. The Ivoryton Playhouse, 103 Main Street, Ivoryton, CT. For box office tickets, call 860-767-7318 or visit The Ivoryton Playhouse website.
- The Clinton Chamber of Commerce is hosting "An Evening with Rodgers and Hammerstein" in two live performances at Andrews Memorial Theater (54 East Main Street) on Friday May 20, and Saturday May 21, 2016. Produced by the Opera Theater of Connecticut, Friday’s performance will start at 7:30pm; a matinee performance is also offered on Saturday starting at 3:00pm. See More.
- Anything Goes, Music and Lyrics by Cole Porter, April 8th – June 16th, 2016. Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam. Call the Box Office at (860) 873-8668 or visit Goodspeed Musicals website.
- The Roar of the Greasepaint - The Smell of the Crowd, Book, Music and Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, May 20th – June 26th, 2016. Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam. Call the Box Office at (860) 873-8668 or visit Goodspeed Musicals website.
- 12th Annual Connecticut Open House Day 2016, participating property at 3 Liberty Green Bed and Breakfast, June 11th, 2016.CT Visit.com website.
- Local artist displays at Clinton Art Gallery. 20 East Main Street, Clinton. Saturday, April 21, 2016.
- The 39 Steps, June 1st - June 19th, 2016. The Ivoryton Playhouse, 103 Main Street, Ivoryton, CT. For box office tickets, call 860-767-7318 or visit The Ivoryton Playhouse website.
- Weekends @ Chamard Vineyards, Live Music at Chamard Bistro.
- Music six nights a week at Bill's Seafood, Corinthian Jazz Band, Bill’s All-Star Jazz Band, The Cartells, The Modeans, and more!
- Clinton Historical Society Museum, Town Hall Exhibit, Fridays 2-4pm. Call 860-669-5564 for an appointment.
- Brick Gallery, Main St. Essex; CT River Valley scenes, on-going.
- Clinton Art Exhibits @ Liberty Bank, Clinton Library, and events on-going.
- Cindy Stevens Fine Art Studio and the Clinton Arts Project Exhibits.
- Florence Griswold Museum Current Exhibit everyday except Monday.
- CT River Museum in Essex: open tues-sun. year-round.
- Leif Nilsson Gallery (& many others) Changing Exhibits Main St. Chester.
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum,Caribbean/Latin Art Exhibit, New London, CT.
- Enjoy Guest Speakers, Book Signings, Open Mic Nights, Author insights at R.J. Julia Booksellers, Madison, CT. View the Events Calendar to view upcoming events.
Click our Things To Do web page to see great area information on the Shoreline!
Click the Clinton Chamber of Commerce Events Calendar to view the local town information.
Photos from our Clinton Summer Fest & Fireworks, August 22nd, 2015
3/28/16: What a wonderful experience we had! Your hospitality is extraordinary. The kind gestures with the notes & treats were so appreciated. The both of you are perfectly suited to be innkeepers .. so upbeat and sincere. We will certainly be back.
Sincerely, Lori & Dave, RI
2/14/16: We are so glad to be back after a few years. You two made our stay here so wonderful. This place is by far the best B&B that we have been to … and this stay reinforced that for us. We pray that your business grows and that more & more people enjoy their stay here as much as we did. All our blessings to you, Russ & Robin, Plymouth, CT.
11/29/15: You guys were so accommodating. We loved our little getaway and it couldn't have been more perfect. We can't wait to come back and have breakfast together again. The Pajama Girls - Coroline, Olga, Anna and Lana.
8/8/15: Beautiful B&B. We enjoyed meeting and talking with you both. Helen, you are a wonderful chef! Best of luck with the success at 3 Liberty Green. Victor & Corinne.
7/17/15: Helen, Thanks for a lovely day - room was comfortable and very clean ... breakfast delicious and chatting with you was great! Loved the history in Clinton! Ann and Eileen, NY.
5/25/15: Thank you for a lovely stay ... we really enjoyed our room and the time spent in Clinton. Breakfast - and the chocolate chip drizzle cookies - were wonderful! Kim and Pierre.
5/16/15: From the Hudson Valley, NY & here for a weekend getaway - absolutely perfect! You have exceeded our expectations & assured that we will definitely be back! Wishing you great success! Cordially, Sherril & Stacey, NY.
4/30/15: Thank you Glenn and Helen for such wonderful hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wish you great success with your re-opening. Judy & Francie, California.
1/19/09: Glenn, thank you for everything. Best wishes with the house; it is really nice and welcoming. Pano & Maria, Cambridge, MA.
12/17/08: Thank you so much, for your amazing service & hospitality. We will be back often, plus we now engaged! Love, Eugene & Tricia, NY.
11/03/08: BedandBreakfast.com Review: "The British Are Coming" ! A beautiful colonial style B&B in a fantastic location. Glenn is the perfect host - warm and friendly, and makes you feel completely at home. He makes the greatest pumpkin pancakes and hot apple cider on the eastern seaboard! I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are immaculate and very well presented. Hugh & Bel, UK.
09/05/08: Hi Glenn, Thanks again so much for a wonderful stay. Your hospitality was way beyond our expectations. We enjoyed meeting you and staying in your quaint and charming B&B. Your cooking skills are superb, breakfast was delicious. Hope to see you again one day, either on our next trip to the east coast or on your travels back to the west coast! Best wishes always. Rick & Cheryl, CA.
08/31/08: Glenn, It has been a blast! Don't forget your friends from West VA. This has been a great 10 days and you have been the perfect host. Stay safe and come to the hills to see us! Thanks again for a great time. Robin, Rick, Becky, Doug, Terri, Kay, WV.
08/10/08: Dear Glenn, There aren't enough words to say "Thank you"! All you did for Tommy and myself. One thing - I never thought I could be any happier than after I told Tommy, "I do"! May God Bless and keep you going strong. Love & Happiness, Donna & Tommy, FL.
07/11/08: Dear Glenn, Shakespeare would share my thoughts in saying if music be the food of love may it always play in your home! We had a fabulous anniversary stay in your charming B&B and we look forward to another enchanting visit. Best of luck setting your own letterbox! Elizabeth & Anton, CT.
07/06/08: Dear Glenn, for our first vacation together this was a fabulous choice. Thank you for your hospitality and wonderful accommodations. The breakfasts were the best! Conversations with you and the other guests were great fun. We will definitely tell our friends where to stay in CT, We will surely be back when I can talk Carlos into taking more time off!! Thank you again for a wonderful stay. Carlos & Linda, CT.
07/03/08: Thank you for your warm hospitality, beautiful room and yummy breakfasts! Our stay here was perfect. We look forward to coming back again very soon. (We love getting to know the other guests too!) Thanks again! Jeff & Lin, VA.
06/28/08: Glenn, Thank you for your hospitality. You are a wonderful host! We truly enjoyed spending our 20th anniversary here with you at 3Liberty. I felt right at home and was reminded of growing up in Western MA. Delicious Food, attention to detail & cleanliness shows throughout. But it's your charming personality that makes the difference. As I sit on the porch and look out at the Green, I appreciate the inner peace and tranquility that I am feeling. I am enjoying living in "the now" hear at 3Liberty. Kudos to you for all the hard work you do to make this look so effortless and calm to all of us. Thank you! Dimitris & Cathy, NY.
06/17/08: All was perfect - how wonderful a house and your hospitality! Thank you so much. Monica & Marco Gruppo, Italy.
06/02/08: Thanks Glenn for a wonderful stay - your breakfasts were great and love your B&B - but mostly, thanks for your kindness and friendship. Who knows ... we will be back!!! Ron & Cathy, CA.
05/20/08: We have enjoyed staying with you, Glenn, in your lovely place. Especially appreciate the homey touches and details, elegance and comfort. And you're fun to spend time with! Warm thanks! Abby & Potter, Mill Valley, CA
05/03/08: The hospitality at 3Liberty is excellent; like staying with family. We would definitely recommend 3Liberty to everyone heading north. Thank you, Glenn for the great, relaxing experience! Cheryl & Boyd, Sellersville, PA.
04/5/08: I can't think of a nicer place to stay during my birthday extravaganza! Everything was just right! Thanks for making this so special. Loved the breakfasts!! We'll be back! Kate & Paul, Brookfield, CT
03/27/08: Glenn, Thank you so much for making our first bed and breakfast experience unforgettable. The room was beautiful and the breakfast was superb. The time we had will surely be treasured by both of us. We will be back! Andrew & Kate, Milford.
03/8/08: 3 Liberty Green B&B has set the standards high on which I will grade all other Bed & Breakfast establishments. I highly recommend 3 Liberty Green B&B to anyone that is inquiring about staying at a Bed and Breakfast in CT. We had a great experience and we definitely will be using them for Bed & Breakfast needs in the future. Dolphuss & Brenda, CT.
02/23/08: Dear Glenn - Thanks so for "re-introducing" us to Clinton and the Green via your lovely B&B. Lori grew up here, so this was a super place to return to. We are both familiar with the B&B experience and am pleased to say that yours is one of the best! Awesome to experience this historic spot will all the current amenities. Breakfast was delicious! Kindly, Lori & Scott, Vermont.
01/4/08: Thank you for a wonderful getaway! We enjoyed our stay so much - did the genealogy research on Rev. Pierson ~ great shopping also. Glenn - you are a great innkeeper. The breakfasts were delicious! Hope to see you again. God Bless! Jerry and Marilyn, Lakewood, NJ.
12/23/07: We left a review at TheInnkeeper.com if you want to add it to your site. Thank You Glenn. Brian & Kathy, RI.
11/21/07: Glenn, Thank you so very much for your warm hospitality! The house is charming and warm and your breakfasts delicious. We enjoyed a quiet 25th anniversary and birthday and getting all of our Christmas shopping done. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Susan & Donald, NY.
11/2/07: Glenn is a wonderful host and our stay couldn't have been nicer. Thank you for a great B&B experience - we will recommend to our family and friends and definitely return. Fondly, Jane & Chris, FL.
10/12/07: Thank you for Sharing your lovely home with us these past 3 days. Thank you also for the wonderful breakfasts, great suggestions & personal warmth - These past days have been truly memorable in large part due to 3 Liberty Green! Arleen & Joe, NY.
9/21/07: 3 Liberty Green was a perfect way to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Our room was beautiful. The town is delightful. The food is super and the hospitality excellent. I hope we will be back soon! Be blessed. This place will always be near to my heart! Matt & Christi.
9/2/07: After dropping my son off at Wesleyan on Sunday, I met my sister at a WONDERFUL B&B in Clinton called 3 Liberty Green. It dates from c.1734 and is wonderfully restored and updated. It is halfway between Boston & NY. The innkeeper (Glenn was delightful) and the accommodations beautiful. Marilyn - West Caldwell, NJ.
8/2/07: We decided to stay here for our anniversary. Little did I know that Chris had the most wonderful surprise planned. We will now remember 3 Liberty Green B&B as the place we got engaged! It couldn't have happened at a more perfect place!! Chris & Sarah - Hartford, CT.
7/26/07: To find a B&B on the internet and have it turn out as charming as billed is unusual. We so appreciated the little comforts you added to make us feel at home. The room was comfortable and the breakfast scrumptious. What a wonderful happiness you have created! Our Thanks. Bruce & Linda - Indianapolis, IN.
7/4/07: We were so lucky to have spent two days of your honeymoon here! The food, the room, the town - all the attention to details - I loved it. Andrew & Allyson - married 6 days.
6/19/07: We love this place! Can't wait to come back. A lovely experience in every way! Barbara and Bruce - Greer, SC.
6/3/07: Thank you Helen and Glenn for sharing your warm hospitality with us. This truly is a "home away from home"! The rooms are cozy and inviting and the food - so delicious and creative! Many Thanks! Loren, Evelyn, Kevin - NY.
View our house on theVIRTUAL TOUR
Enjoy a delicious home-made breakfast in our country kitchen or on our front porch overlooking the village green!
"CT Bed and Breakfast"